Goal takes a look at the biggest transfer stories from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and beyond

ARSENAL AGREE TO JANUARY LEMAR DEAL


Thomas Lemar Monaco 2017
Arsenal has agreed on a deal with Monaco for the signing of Thomas Lemar in the January transfer window, according to the Daily Star.
The France international has finalized terms with the Gunners, with the 21-year-old set to sign a five-year deal worth £250,000 per week.
The apparent agreement does not, however, depend on Alexis Sanchez leaving in the winter window, with his contract due to expire in summer 2018.

MARKOVIC SET FOR LIVERPOOL STAY


Lazar Markovic Liverpool
Liverpool is expecting Lazar Markovic to stay at the club until January rather than join a Turkish club on loan, reports the Liverpool Echo.
Markovic was linked with a move to Fenerbahce, but the winger, who was also a target for Fiorentina over the summer, is unlikely to agree on a deal before Friday’s deadline in Turkey.

LIVERPOOL TRACK PALACE STARLET


Jurgen Klopp
Crystal Palace teenager Joseph Hungbo is being tracked by Liverpool, according to the South London Press.
Hongbo is capable of playing on the wing or in an attacking support role, and the 17-year-old’s performances for Palace’s Under-18 team have piqued Liverpool’s interest.

PERISIC TO EARN €4.5M A YEAR


Ivan Perisic Inter
Ivan Perisic has signed a new contract at Inter Milan until 2022 and will match Mauro Icardi’s €4.5 million per season wages, reports Gazzetta dello Sport .
Perisic had been wanted by Manchester United during the transfer window, but Inter refused to sell and have now persuaded the Croatia international winger to extend his deal.

DRAXLER WANTED BARCA MOVE


Julian Draxler Germany
Paris Saint-Germain’s Julian Draxler was holding out for a move to Barcelona before the transfer deadline only to be rejected by the Catalan club, according to Mundo Deportivo .
The signing of Neymar from Barcelona cast Draxler’s PSG future into doubt and he had been linked with a move to Arsenal, but the German told his international team-mates he was hankering after a move to Camp Nou.

BARCA AIM TO WIN LOPEZ CHASE


Maxime Lopez
Barcelona have made contact with Maxime Lopez’s agents in an attempt to win the race to sign the Marseille midfielder, claims Mundo Deportivo.
Lopez has also been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Real Madrid, but the 19-year-old is reportedly a big Barca fan and admirer of Andres Iniesta, with the Catalan club hoping that will prove a persuasive factor in their efforts to agree a deal next summer.

MAN UTD CHASING MULLER


Thomas Muller Germany 31072017
Manchester United are plotting a move for Thomas Muller this winter, according to Tuttosport.
The German star seems unhappy with life at Bayern, and while Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have all been linked with a move for him, it is believed that Jose Mourinho will try to beat them to a deal during the winter window. 

ARDA TURAN TO JOIN GALATASARAY


Arda Turan Barcelona
Arda Turan has agreed to join Galatasaray on a two-year loan deal from Barcelona, RAC 1 reports.
The midfielder has no place in Ernesto Valverde’s plans for this season and will return to his former side before the transfer window in Turkey closes on Friday.

JUVENTUS EYE PEDRO MOVE


Wolves Chelsea FA Cup Pedro
Juventus are interested in signing Chelsea winger Pedro, according to a report from Tuttosport via TalkSport. 
The Spain international has scored 21 goals and registered 16 assists in 86 appearances for the club, and is said to be happy in London, though the Italian giants are keeping close tabs.

COSTA IN FENERBAHCE TALKS


Diego Costa Chelsea
Diego Costa has been offered the chance to spend a year on loan at Fenerbahce, according to a report from Milliyet .
The Spain international has two years remaining on his Chelsea contract but has been told to find a new club by manager Antonio Conte. 
Costa is currently training away from the Blues first team, awaiting a move to Atletico Madrid, but may be forced into taking up the offer from Fener should the Liga side fail to strike a deal with Chelsea chiefs. 

EVERTON FAILED IN DEFENDER CHASE


Ronald Koeman, Everton, Premier League, 03052017
Everton made a last-minute attempt to sign Porto defender Ivan Marcano in the summer transfer window, according to  A Bola .
Despite missing out, Toffees boss Ronaldo Koeman is expected to make another move for the 30-year-old, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

MOU TO TELL YOUNG HE CAN MOVE ON


Ashley Young Manchester United
Manchester United are prepared to tell Ashley Young they won’t stand in his way if he wants to move on this winter, according to The Sun 
The 32-year-old was expected to leave this summer and has just once season left on his deal, though the club have an option to sign him for an added season. 
It is thought that he wants to stay with the club, even as a squad player, but Jose Mourinho is expected to tell the winger that he is free to leave should he want more regular playing time. 

MAN CITY TO BID £20M FOR ALEXIS


Alexis Sanchez Chile
Manchester City could bid for Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez again in January but are unlikely to offer more than £20 million, according to The Sun .
The Etihad side remain confident that the Chilean will be reunited with his former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola within the next 12 months, but will not pay over the odds for a player they could get on a free transfer next summer.
Should Guardiola’s current striking options suffer any injury setbacks, however, City will push to sign the attacker at the turn of the year, with a bid significantly lower than their £60m summer offer.

BARCA TO SIGN DEFENDER IN JANUARY


Yerry Mina Palmeiras
Barcelona will look to bring Palmeiras defender Yerry Mina to the club in January to boost the centre-half options at Ernesto Valverde’s disposal, reports Mundo Deportivo .
A deal has already been agreed with Palmeiras which would see Barca pay €9 million if they activate the move before the close of the January transfer window or €10m before the end of the 2018 summer transfer window.
Having failed to sign certain targets during the recent transfer window, Barca are now expected to push through a move for Colombia international Mina in the New Year.

CHELSEA BID FOR HAMBURG STARLET


Jann-Fiete Arp Germany
Chelsea made a lucrative offer for Hamburg’s teenage striker Fiete Arp during the summer transfer window, claims Hamburger Morgenpost .
However, Arp decided against moving to the Premier League and the 17-year-old instead signed a new contract with Hamburg.

DE GEA ASKS RAMOS TO SORT MADRID MOVE


David De Gea Manchester United 2017
David De Gea has apparently asked Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos to sort out his move to the Liga giants, according to Diario Gol .
The report claims that the Manchester United goalkeeper has taken the opportunity to speak to Ramos during Spain international duty, pressing him to approach manager Zinedine Zidane and president Florentino Perez over a deal.

CAN WANTS LIVERPOOL RELEASE CLAUSE


HD Emre Can
Emre Can’s representatives want a release clause included in any new contract the midfielder signs with Liverpool, according to The Times.
The Germany international is in the final year of his current deal and has been linked with a move to Juventus, with Liverpool reportedly reluctant to accept the demand for a release clause.

PL TRIO CHASED MATUIDI


Matuidi Juventus
Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United all showed an interest in signing Blaise Matuidi during the summer transfer window, according to France Football, via Le 10 Sport.
But, rather than look to agree a move to the Premier League, the France international decided to join Juventus from Paris Saint-Germain.

MAN UNITED DIDN’T MAKE MAHREZ BID


Riyad Mahrez Leicester
A reported offer from Manchester United for Leicester City star Riyad Mahrez was never tabled, nor did the Foxes receive bids from any other Premier League clubs, claims the Leicester Mercury .
Mahrez looked set to leave the 2015-16 Premier League champions when he was released from Algeria training to finalise a deadline day transfer with an unnamed club. 
But, while United were speculated to be the buyer, the only team to make a formal bid for his services was Roma, who saw their approach rejected.

CHELSEA BLOCKED CONTE’S BARKLEY TALKS


Ross Barkley Everton
Antonio Conte was blocked from talking to Ross Barkley by Chelsea after seeing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain slip through his fingers, according to the Times.
The Blues boss saw another transfer target opt for a different club as Oxlade-Chamberlain moved to Liverpool. 
Barkley had emerged as an alternative, but Conte was barred from taking part in the negotiations after failing to convince the Ox to choose Stamford Bridge over Anfield.
Advertisements